Tuesday 17 May 2011

Latest Project

I have been boxing for three years now, and have always focused on the pve aspect, always running teams comprising of a tank, x3 dps and a healer. I'm a little bored of that now, and after reading a discussion on www.dual-boxing.com  about the viability of Five Hunters in arena it got me thinking about Hunters in a pve instancing situation. So what I decided to do was roll 4 Hunters with a Holy Priest leading.

So far I have cleared Deadmines with them which was a lot of fun! Only lost one toon due to me having a little panic on Helix Gearbreaker, as when I hit follow to get the party away from bombs the boss came along with the toon he had a hold of! 
That made killing him difficult.. I think the pets ended up finishing him lol
Seems weird to drive from the healer when I'm so used to leading with a tank.

Hunters specs are currently x2 Beast Mastery, both have bears, but to be honest I may drop that to 1 bear as I talented the other bear for charge and he seems to hold threat pretty well. I have intimidation on two different keys for the times when my dps gain unwanted aggro. Disengage is on my bar along with mend pet.. which I never need to use. Just got our first traps so that will be a little boost.
The other hunters are x1 Survival & x1 Marksmanship that is because both of the talent trees have a tree specific raid/party buff which I think will help a lot (Trueshot Aura & Hunting Party). 
Their pets are cat & wolf.
I considered having all 4 as BM but as I have a healer I'm going with the setup as I can always dual-spec them a little later down the line.

I will hopefully be making a few movies of the team.. my current ones are rather old now.

Bye for now & thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment